Seema Singh, Prosenjit Ghosh, Yuvika Khanna (2017). Need for re-apprehension of basin tectono-depositional set-up during initial stage of Himalayan orogeny from pedogenic evidences. Catena, 156, pp 102–112, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.catena.2017.03.027.
Shaakir Shabir Dar and Prosenjit Ghosh (2017). Estimates of land and sea moisture contributions to the monsoonal rain over Kolkata, deduced based on isotopic analysis of rainwater. Earth System Dynamics Discussions, doi:10.5194/esd-2016-63, 2016
1.Rahul, P., P. Ghosh, S. K. Bhattacharya, and K. Yoshimura (2016), Controlling factors of rainwater and water vapor isotopes at Bangalore, India: Constraints from observations in 2013 Indian monsoon, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 121,13,936–13,952, doi:10.1002/2016JD025352
2. Rahul, P., P. Ghosh, and S. K. Bhattacharya (2016), Rainouts over the Arabian Sea and Western Ghats during moisture advection and recycling explain the isotopic composition of Bangalore summer rains, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 121, doi:10.1002/2015JD024579.
3. K. Prasanna, S. K. Bhattacharya, Prosenjit Ghosh, Sasadhar Mahata and Mao-Chang Liang. Isotopic homogenization and scrambling associated with oxygen isotopic exchange on hot platinum: studies on gas pairs (O2, CO2) and (CO, CO2). RSC Advances, 2016; 51296-51303, doi: 10.1039/C6RA08286F
4. Prosenjit Ghosh et al. Tracking the migration of the Indian continent using the carbonate clumped isotope technique
on Phanerozoic soil carbonates. Scientific Reports | 6:22187 | DOI: 10.1038/srep22187
5. K. Prasanna, Prosenjit Ghosh, S. K. Bhattacharya, K. Mohan & N. Anilkumar. Isotopic disequilibrium in Globigerina bulloides and carbon isotope response to productivity increase in Southern Ocean.
Scientific Reports | 6:21533 | DOI: 10.1038/srep21533
6. Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh, Heike Geilmann. Fingerprinting environmental conditions and related stress using
stable isotopic composition of rice (Oryza sativa L.) grain organic matter. Ecological Indicators, 2016; 941 – 961 . http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2015.10.050
7. Josia Jacob, Prosenjit Ghosh, K. U. Abdul Jaleel, B. R. Smitha, K. R. Abhilash, V. N. Sanjeevan. Influence of the upwelling
events on the δ13C and δ18O of the benthic bivalve shells of the South Western Continental Margin of India. Environ Earth Sci. 2016. DOI 10.1007/s12665-015-4954-x
1.Prasanna, K, Prosenjit Ghosh and Anil Kumar N, Stable isotopic signature of Southern Ocean deep water CO2 ventilation. Deep Sea Research Part II,: Tropical Studies in Oceanography. 2015; 122, 1-240
2. Mousumi Chatterjee, Prosenjit Ghosh, LeenaRamdas & RamanandaChakrabarti. Isotopic and geochemical characterization of invader tilapia fishes from water bodies of West Bengal and Karnataka, India. Environ MonitAssess, 2015; 187: 712, DOI 10.1007/s10661-015-4929-0
31. Tania Guha and Prosenjit Ghosh, An experimental set-up for carbon isotopic analysis of atmospheric CO2 and an example of ecosystem response during solar eclipse 2013, Journal of Earth System Science 122 (3) 2013 623-638.
30. Rangarjan R., Prosenjit Ghosh and Fred Naggs, Seasonal variability of rainfall recorded in growth bands of the Giant African Land Snail Lissachatina fulica (Bowdich) from India Chemical Geology 357 (2013) 223230.
29. Naohiro Yoshida, Mikhail Vasilev, Prosenjit Ghosh, Osamu Abe, Keita Yamada and Maki Morimoto, Precision and long-term stability of clumped-isotope analysis of CO2 using a small-sector isotope ratio mass spectrometer, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 2013; 27: 207215.
28. Prosenjit Ghosh, Ramananda Chakrabarti, S.K. Bhattacharya, Short- and long-term temporal variations in salinity and the oxygen, carbon and hydrogen isotopic compositions of the Hooghly Estuary water, India, Chemical Geology 2013; 335: 118127.
27. Josia Jacob, Prosenjit Ghosh, A. P. Dineshbabu, P. Sabu, K. Srinivas and BinduSulochanan. Hydrographical characteristics and oxygen isotopic signatures of water in a coastal environment (Mangalore) along the southeastern Arabian Sea. J Oceanogr (2014) 70:251–266, DOI 10.1007/s10872-014-0228-6
26. K. R. Renjith, Manju Mary Joseph, Prosenjit Ghosh, Habeeb Rahman, C. S. Ratheesh Kuma, N. Chandramohanakumar. Biogeochemical facsimile of the organic matter quality and trophic status of a micro-tidal tropical estuary. Environmental Earth Science, 2012, DOI 10.1007/s12665-012-2159-0,1-14.
25. Ravi Rangarajan and Prosenjit Ghosh, Tracing the source of bottled water using stable isotope techniques, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 2011; 25:3323-3330
24. Ravi Rangarajan and Prosenjit Ghosh, Rainwater Management and Harvesting Strategies for Human Needs: An Indian Perspective, Environmental Science & Technology, 2011; 45:9469-9470
23. Ravi Rangarajan and Prosenjit Ghosh, Role of water contamination within the GC column of GasBench II Peripheral on the reproducibility of 18O/16O ratios in water samples, Isotopes in Environmental and Health studies, 2011, dx.doi.org/10.1080 /10256016.2011.631007.
22. Josia Jacob, Prosenjit Ghosh, Balchandran, and Rejomon George, Impact of seasonal oxygen deficiency on the phosphorous geochemistry of surface sediments along the Western Continental Shelf of India, Biogeosciences Discuss., 7, 6089-6119, 2010 doi: 10.5194/bgd-7-6089-2010
21. Tania Guha and Prosenjit Ghosh, Diurnal variation of atmospheric CO2 concentration and ?13C in an urban atmosphere during winterrole of the Nocturnal Boundary Layer, Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, 2010, 65:112 DOI 10.1007/s10874-010-9178-6.
20. Carmala N. Garzione Gregory D. Hoke, Julie C. Libarkin, Saunia Withers, Bruce MacFadden, John Eiler, Prosenjit Ghosh, Andreas Mulch, Rise of the Andes (a review) Science, 2008, 320, 1304- 1307.
19. Prosenjit Ghosh, John Eiler, Steven E. Campana, Richard F. Feeney, Calibration of the carbonate clumped isotope paleothermometer for otoliths, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 2007; 71:2736-2744
18. Prosenjit Ghosh , M. R. G. Sayyed, R. Islam, and S.M. Hundekar ,Inter-basaltic clay (bole bed) horizons from Deccan Traps of India: Implications for palaeoweathering and palaeo-climate during Deccan volcanism, Palaeogeography,Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 2006; 242: 90109.
17. Prosenjit Ghosh, Jess Adkins, Hagit Affek, Brian Balta, Weifu Guo, Edwin Schauble, Dan Schrag, and John Eiler, 13C- 18O bonds in carbonate minerals: A new kind of paleothermometer, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 2006;,70:1439-1456
16. Edwin A. Schauble, Prosenjit Ghosh, John M. Eiler, Preferential formation of 13C-18O bonds in carbonate minerals, estimated using first-principles lattice dynamics, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 2006: 70(10): 2510-2529
15. Prosenjit Ghosh, John Eiler and Carmala N. Garzione, Rapid upliftment of central Andes during Neogene, revealed from ?18O and C13O18O16 ratios in palaeosol carbonates, Science. 2006; 311: 511- 515
14. John Eiler,Carmala Garzione, Prosenjit Ghosh, Response to Comment on Rapid Uplift of the Altiplano Revealed Through 13C-18O Bonds in Paleosol Carbonates, Science, 2006; 314: 760-716
13. Prosenjit Ghosh , Michael Patecki, Michael Rothe, and Willi A. Brand, Calcite-CO2 Mixed into CO2-free Air: A New CO2-in-Air Stable Isotope Reference Material for the VPDB Scale, Rapid Communication Mass Spectrometry, 2005; 19: 10971119
12. Prosenjit Ghosh , S.K.Bhattacharya, Rakesh Mohindra, J.T.Padia, and Kanchan Pande Late Miocene monsoon and expansion of C4 vegetation; Neogene sediments from Himachal Himalaya, Palaeogeography,Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 2004; 206:103-114
11. Prosenjit Ghosh and Willi A. Brand, The effect of N2O on the isotopic composition of air-CO2 samples, Rapid Communication in Mass Spectrometry, 2004; 18:1830-1838
10. Prosenjit Ghosh , S.K.Bhattacharya, Ashok Sahni, R.K.Kar, D.M.Mohabey, and Ambwani, Dinosaur Dung from Late Cretaceous (Maastrichtian) Lameta Formation of India: Isotopic and other markers for a fluid and solid intake suggesting a C3 plant diet,Cretaceous Research, 2003; 24:743-750
9. Prosenjit Ghosh and S.K. Bhattacharya, Influence of glacial warming on Indian Summer Monsoon, from Stable Isotopes record on carbonates from Goting, Garhwal Himalaya, Current Science, 2003; 85(1): 101-108
8. Prosenjit Ghosh and Willi A. Brand, Stable Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry in Global Change Research, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2003; 228: 1-33
7. S.K.Bhattacharaya, Prosenjit Ghosh, and A.Chakrabarti, Isotopic studies of Talchir sediments from India: signature of freshwater origin, Journal of Geological Society of India, 2002; 60:677-686
6. Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K. Bhattacharya, A.M. Dayal, J.R. Trivedi, M. Ebihara, M.M. Sarin and A. Chakrabarti, Trace element and isotopic studies of Permo-Carboniferous carbonate nodules: environment from Talchir sediments of peninsular India: Environmental and provenance implications, Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Earth and Planetary Sciences, 2002; 111 (2):87-101
5. S.K.Bhattacharya, Prosenjit Ghosh and A.Chakrabarti, Isotopic analysis of Permo-Carboniferous sediments in India: signatures of glacial melt water lakes, Chemical Geology, 2002; 188: 261-274
4. Prosenjit Ghosh , S.K.Bhattacharaya, A D Shukla, P N Shukla, N Bhandari, G Parthasarathy and A C Kunwar, Negative ?13C excursion and anoxia at the Permo-Triassic boundary in the Tethys Sea, Current Science, 2002; 83(4): 498-502
3. Prosenjit Ghosh , and S.K.Bhattacharaya, CO2 levels in the late Palaeozoic and Mesozoic atmosphere from the ?13C values of the pedogenic carbonate and the organic matter, Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 2001; 170: 285-296
2. Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K.Bhattacharya and A. Chakrabarti, Stable isotopic studies of algal carbonates from Talchir sediments of East-Central India, Current Science, 2001;80(10): 1326-1330
1. Prosenjit Ghosh and 13 others, Leonid shower and recovered objects, Current Science 1999, 76 , 619.
Chapter in a Book
1. Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K. Bhattacharya and Parthasarathi Ghosh, Atmospheric CO2 during the late Palaeozoic and Mesozoic: Estimates from Indian Soils, in A History of Atmospheric CO2 and its effects on Plants, Animals and Ecosystems, ed. Jim Ehleringer, Thure Cerling and Dreise, University of Utah, Ecological Studies Volume 177, Springer ( ISBN 978-0-387-22069-7), 2005, 8-34.
2. Prosenjit Ghosh and Willi A. Brand, Isotopic Analysis of CO2 in air Samples: Requirements for a new CO2 -in-air Standard and Preparation of an air-CO2 Reference Mixture from Calcite Material World Meteorological Organization Global Atmosphere Watch12th WMO/IAEA Meeting Of Experts On Carbon Dioxide Concentration and related tracers Measurement Techniques, (Toronto, Canada, 15 – 18 September 2003) hosted by the Meteorological Service of Canada edited by Doug Worthy and Lin Huang, 50-57.
3.Prosenjit Ghosh,S.K. Bhattacharya, Klaus Froehlich, Isotopic Tracers in Climatology, Chapter 8 in Environmental Radionuclides: Tracers and Timers of Terrestrial Processes,Vol.16, ed. Klaus Froehlich, Elsevier (ISBN: 978-0-08-043873-3) 2009, 323361
4. Mohan K.and Prosenjit Ghosh, Cenozoic climatic record for monsoonal rainfall over the Indian region. “Climatology”, ed Shih-Yu (Simon) Wang, Intech open access publisher, (ISBN: 979-953-307-337-7) 2011.
1. Prosenjit Ghosh. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences, 2008. R. Jeanloz et al. (eds). Current Science, Vol 96 (5) 719-720.